As you know, we are all facing extraordinary challenges at this time and the situation is placing pressure on all parts of society as we gradually reopen from lockdown. We are delighted to see our students return to the
academy and we are looking forward to the year ahead. Our students have been incredible in adapting to the changes we have made to the academy in order to welcome them back and we would like to thank you for supporting us in doing that.
Microsoft 365 – Teams, educating online
• Access, usernames and passwords. – All students and staff are given a Microsoft user account, which they use every day to log onto the school computers. From home, staff and students can login through
the Quick Links buttons at the bottom of the website. Staff and students will use exactly the same usernames and passwords that they use in school.
• 2020 Updates -The Microsoft 365 platform has been used for a number of years by students in the academy, and students will be familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Email and One Drive
Cloud Storage, this year we have integrated more of the 365 platform to include SharePoint, for quick and easy access to Subject resources and Teams for communication and face to face teaching online.
• Enhance and Extend – Are you a Team Player? –Microsoft Teams will enhance and extend the learning of all of our students, whether this be through the online submission of coursework, homework or
assignments, accessing subject resources, keeping up to date with school news and events or accessing live learning opportunities including lessons.
Familiarisation – During September your child will be asked to login and explore the Microsoft platform with one of their teachers, each student will be allocated to the following teams
o Year Group
o Emergency Class Team – for students self-isolating, or off school for illness etc.
o Actual Class Team – for direct access to their class, their teacher and the resources for online
• The academy will use familiarisation activities to get students used to the platform.
• Timetable - The timetable is the most important thing for both staff and students in the academy and so the diary and calendar on Teams will be used to direct the students on what they need to do and
• Support – There will be a dedicated page on our website to support staff, students and parents and this can be found here https://www.dewarenne.org.uk/online-academy
• Monitoring – As each user has a unique account, we are able to monitor the engagement, use and activity of staff and students online and we will use this to report back to parents on their progress
throughout the year.