OFSTED inspection of the Academy has recognised the many strengths of De Warenne Academy
We are pleased that the OFTSED inspection of the Academy has recognised the many strengths of De Warenne Academy and that inspectors confirmed our view that the school is improving. Inspectors highlighted the following strengths:
- The principal has a clear vision. She is resilient, astute and determined to do well for the pupils.
- Provision in the sixth form is good. Students make above average progress in a wide range of subjects.
- Attendance rates are much higher than they have been. This is contributing to improving rates of progress for current pupils.
- Pupils say that they feel safe in the academy
- Some inspirational teaching exists in the school, including in French and construction.
- Pupils benefit from a rich and varied assembly programme
- Careers education is strong. Pupils receive excellent impartial advice and guidance, which results in the vast majority of pupils knowing what they want to do in the future, before they reach Year 11.
- Staff morale is high.
Inspectors also highlighted a number of areas where we need to improve. We are fully committed as a school to working hard to address these and have already put plans in place in each of the areas identified.
We value the ongoing support of students, parents, carers. Our relentless focus is on what is in the best interests of the children and community we serve and our students say they feel safe in the academy.