Parents and Carers should ensure:
- Students have 100% attendance during exam periods.
- Students arrive to school punctually and have the necessary equipment for their examinations (including a scientific calculator for Maths and Science exams).
- Students are engaged in revision for the examinations at home in addition to the extensive extra-curricular offer that is in place to support them at school.
Please do not book any holidays until we receive information from the exam boards.
The awarding bodies have designated DATE TO FOLLOW as a 'contingency day' for examinations. This means in the event of national or local disruption to scheduled exams then the awarding body may need to use the contingency day. Therefore, students must remain available until DATE TO FOLLOW
How you can help:
- Ensure students have a quiet place to study
- Help students to plan their time, use a weekly revision timetable
- Ensure they are continually going through and making new notes from revision guides and other accredited sources
- Set targets and offer small rewards
- Encourage students to focus on their weaknesses
- Ensure they attend the after school enrichment sessions
- Ensure they are using Hegarty and GCSEPod regularly
- Get in touch if you have any questions or need any advice