This page gives you the opportunity to explore your careers ideas and consider the pathways available to you. Whatever stage you are at in your education, there are always important decisions coming up about the choices and plans you need to make about your future.
The careers education and guidance programme at De Warenne Academy seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. As a pupil at De Warenne Academy you are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to you and always puts your interests first
- motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities open to you within and outside De Warenne Academy
- helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
- provides the support you need to be successful
- helps you access any additional support you might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
- always puts your interests first
Useful links/websites for Careers research
www.startprofile.com – interactive careers website.
For careers information and advice – www.eclips-online.co.uk
National Careers Service – job profiles and support with CVs – https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
National Citizen Service – a government programme for 16-17 year olds to build confidence and independence – http://www.thencsnetwork.org.uk